Community Thread’s Holiday Hope Program
Each year, Community Thread matches hundreds of individuals and families to sponsors who provide individually chosen gifts or gift cards and a holiday meal.
Holiday Hope serves those who live in the communities within the following communities: Afton, Bayport, Baytown Township, Grant, Hugo, Lake Elmo, Lakeland, Lakeland Shores, Landfall, Marine on St. Croix, Oakdale, Oak Park Heights, St. Mary’s Point, St. Croix Beach, Stillwater, West Lakeland Township, Withrow, and Woodbury.
Last year over 700 local households and nearly 2,400 individuals benefited from the generosity of our community!
Become a Sponsor with our Holiday Hope program to help give hope to local families and individuals during the holidays!
How Can I Get Involved?
There are a few ways to help support Community Thread’s Holiday Hope Program!
- Become a Sponsor – Support individuals or families during the holiday season. Click here to register to become a sponsor.
- Donate Gifts and Gift Cards – Donate gifts or gift cards and a holiday meal for individuals and families. Click here to view the gift card wish list. Click here to view the gift wish list. Donation Deadline: December 1, 2021. Donation Drop off: Community Thread, 2300 Orleans St. W. Stillwater, MN 55082, M-F, 9am-4pm
- Make an Online Donation – Support Holiday Hope through an online cash donation. Click here to donate online
- Volunteer your Time – Sign-up for an opportunity to volunteer in November or December. Opportunities include sorting gift cards, matching gift cards, and more! Click here to register to volunteer.
How Can I Double my Impact?
- ShopWithScrip is a gift card fundraiser that supports Community Thread. When you buy gift cards at face value, you can earn Community Thread up to 20% on every gift card you buy!
- AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support Community Thread every time you shop on Amazon, at no cost to you. When you shop AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same prices and product selection as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Community Thread.
- Click here to learn more about these opportunities to double your impact!
We’ve been through so much this year and couldn’t afford basic needs. Holiday Hope allowed our family to get necessities, such as socks, pajamas and food. Thank you!
2021 HOLIDAY HOPE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Holiday Hope Recipient Eligibility
You must be experiencing a financial hardship.
Holiday Hope is happy to serve families with children ages 18 and under, older adults age 55+ and adults with disabilities who live in the following communities: Afton, Bayport, Baytown Township, Grant, Hugo, Lake Elmo, Lakeland, Lakeland Shores, Landfall, Marine on St. Croix, Oakdale, Oak Park Heights, St. Mary’s Point, St. Croix Beach, Stillwater, West Lakeland Township, Withrow, and Woodbury,
Things to Know
- Holiday Hope registration will be available October 11 – December 1.
- Registration will be for Gifts or Gift Cards.
- Gifts and/or Gift Cards will total $50 per adult and $75 per child.
- Households will also receive a gift card for groceries: Individuals will receive $25; Couples will receive $50, and Families will receive $100.
Online Registration for Holiday Hope
Register In-Person for Holiday Hope
Registration for Holiday Hope will take place in-person at the following locations:
Community Thread: In-person by appointment only. Call 651-439-7434 to schedule an appointment. 2300 Orleans St. W. Stillwater, MN 55082
- November 6, 10:00 – 12:00
- November 29, 4:00 – 6:00
- November 30, 10:00 – 12:00
Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf: Car-side during food pick-up. 8264 4th St N, Oakdale, MN 55128
- October 15, 10:00 – 12:00
- October 22, 10:00 – 12:00
- October 29, 10:00 – 12:00
- November 1, 12:00 – 2:00
- November 5, 10:00 – 12:00
- November 8, 12:00 – 2:00
- November 12, 10:00 – 12:00
- November 15, 12:00 – 2:00
- November 19, 10:00 – 12:00
- November 22, 12:00 – 2:00
Valley Outreach: Car-side during food pick-up. 1911 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater, MN 55082
- October 14, 4:30 – 5:30
- October 21, 4:30 – 5:30
- October 28, 4:30 – 5:30
- November 3, 9:30 – 10:30
- November 4, 4:30 – 5:30
- November 10, 9:30 – 10:30
- November 11, 4:30 – 5:30
- November 17, 9:30 – 10:30
- November 18, 4:30 – 5:30
- November 24, 9:30 – 10:30
Items Needed for Registration
- FORM OF IDENTIFICATION for each household member. This may be a driver’s license, State ID card or Passport for each member of the household, including children age 18 and under. Accepted forms of ID for children include birth certificate, school ID or health insurance card.
- PROOF OF CURENT ADDRESS. Provide a piece of mail with proof of current address, such as a utility bill, paycheck stub or bank account statement listing CURRENT address. It must be dated within the last 60 days.
If you have additional questions about Community Thread’s Holiday Hope Program, please contact HolidayHope@CommunityThreadMN.org or call 651-439-7434.