Community Thread’s Holiday Hope Program
Each year, Community Thread matches hundreds of individuals and families to sponsors who provide individually chosen gifts or gift cards and a holiday meal.
Holiday Hope serves those who live within the following communities: Afton, Bayport, Baytown Township, Grant, Lake Elmo, Lakeland, Lakeland Shores, Landfall, Marine on St. Croix, Oakdale, Oak Park Heights, St. Mary’s Point, St. Croix Beach, Stillwater, West Lakeland Township, Withrow, and Woodbury.
HOLIDAY HOPE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- WHO can Register for Holiday Hope?
- WHERE & WHEN can I register for Holiday Hope?
- WHAT do I need to register for Holiday Hope?
To be eligible to be a Holiday Hope recipient, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You must be experiencing a financial hardship.
- You must have children ages 18 and under, OR be an older adult(s) age 55+, OR be an adult(s) with disabilities.
- You must live in the following communities: Afton, Bayport, Baytown Township, Grant, Lake Elmo, Lakeland, Lakeland Shores, Landfall, Marine on St. Croix, Oakdale, Oak Park Heights, St. Mary’s Point, St. Croix Beach, Stillwater, West Lakeland Township, Withrow, and Woodbury.
Online registration is NOW OPEN for 2022 Holiday Hope!
In person registration will occur at the following locations:
- Cimarron residents: Holiday Hope car-side registration will be available during food distribution. Visit the Cimarron Youth Center from 3:30-5pm on October 24, November 7, or November 21 to register.
- Open Cupboard (in-person registration): Registration will be available during food pick-up, indoors from 2-4pm on October 27, November 3, November 10, and November 17.
- Landfall residents: Holiday Hope car-side registration will be available during food distribution from 4-5pm on November 1, November 15, and November 29.
- Community Thread: Registration will be available at Community Thread [Stillwater location] on November 8 from 4- 6pm (during Fare For All), November 14 from 10:30am-12:30pm, and November 19 from 10am-12pm.
In order to successfully register for Holiday Hope, please bring with you or have ready the following items:
- FORM OF IDENTIFICATION for each household member. This may be a driver’s license, State ID card or Passport for each member of the household, including children age 18 and under. Accepted forms of ID for children include birth certificate, school ID or health insurance card.
- PROOF OF CURENT ADDRESS. Provide a piece of mail with proof of current address, such as a utility bill, paycheck stub or bank account statement listing CURRENT address. It must be dated within the last 60 days.
Join in giving to Holiday Hope on Give to the Max Day!
Make your donation go further! On Thursday, November 17, please consider donating to Holiday Hope, and your donation will be matched up to $5,000.
Each year, there are a unique ways to help support Community Thread’s Holiday Hope Program!
- Sponsor. Support individuals or families during the holiday season.
- Donate. Donate gifts or gift cards and a holiday meal for individuals and families. Donations are accepted year round.
- Click here to view the gift card wish list.
- You can also donate a Happy Card: Click Here to learn more!
- Click here to view the gift wish list.
- Make an Online Donation – Support Holiday Hope through an online cash donation. Donations are accepted year round. Click here to donate online.
- Donation Drop off: Community Thread, 2300 Orleans St. W. Stillwater, MN 55082, Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm
- Volunteer. Volunteer spots have been filled for the 2022 Holiday Hope season. Positions may open up, so please check back if you’re still interested. Volunteer registrations for the 2022 Holiday Hope Program is currently closed.
- ShopWithScrip is a gift card fundraiser that supports Community Thread. When you buy gift cards at face value, you can earn Community Thread up to 20% on every gift card you buy!
- AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support Community Thread every time you shop on Amazon, at no cost to you. When you shop AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same prices and product selection as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Community Thread.
- Click here to learn more about these opportunities to double your impact!