Job Description: Older Adult Program Assistant
Summary Statement: 37.5 hours per week, regular full time position that reports to the Older Adult Program Director. This position will be responsible for coordinating the activities at the senior center site located in Bayport, Minnesota, and assisting with the Transportation and Chore Services program at the Stillwater site of Community Thread.
Reports to: Older Adult Program Director
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with the Older Adult Program Director to plan and implement the programs and activities of the Bayport Senior Center.
- Maintains orderly records of participants and volunteers following standard procedures. Tracks attendance and other data; creates monthly reports and statistics using Schedules Plus.
- Coordinates and manages the work of volunteers following the protocols established by Community Thread.
- Identifies risk management issues and work to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Ensures all equipment at Bayport site is in good working order and reports problems to the Older Adult Program Director.
- Collects and records financial donations and fees from the Bayport site.
- Assists with general office duties (answering the phone, data entry, copying, filing, record keeping, preparing reports, faxing, emailing and other duties).
- Screens potential new program recipients for the Chore Services and Transportation program; handles program enrollment/application forms.
- Provides information and referral resources for potential program recipients who are not eligible for services.
- Provides information and referral resources for coordinating agencies assisting clients, patients and/or family members who may need transportation and chore services assistance.
- Assists with coordinating ride requests and driver assignments, including documentation.
- Assists with coordinating Chore Services project requests with volunteers, including documentation.
- Communicates with Chore Services or Transportation recipients regarding volunteer assignments (including initial and follow-up calls).
- Maintains volunteer and program recipients’ records and prepares reports as directed by the Program Manager.
- Performs evaluation tasks as directed.
- Ensures that the goals of the organization are met through established procedures and processes.
- Assists with Community Thread fundraising initiatives.
- Serves as an active team member of Community Thread by supporting the operations, activities, and committees of the agency.
- Solid organizational and communication skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through in an independent, responsible, and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial and respectful relationships with coworkers, volunteers, donors, partner organizations, vendors, and the community.
- Ability to problem solve, multitask, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements in order to further the organization mission.
Education and training
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite.
Work conditions/physical demands
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Requires repetitive motion activities such as typing on a computer keyboard.
- Requires the ability to sit for several hours at a time at a desk.
- Background check required.
- Position is 1 FTE
- Position eligible for health, dental, vacation, sick, volunteer, and family leave benefits as well as a 403(b) retirement plan.
Contact Information: Send cover letter and resume to: Sally@communitythreadmn.org.
No phone calls please.