Community Thread’s Community Response
Community Thread is matching volunteers to people in the Stillwater Area School District (#834) who are requesting assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support may include:
- Letters/drawings sent during confinement
- Check in phone calls
- Grocery, meal or medication delivery
- Transportation to essential medical appointments
- Protective mask(s)
*Please note: If you are in need of protective face masks, please call 651-439-7434 or visit our Stillwater Location Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm for support.
Gift Card Collection Drive
We are also collecting gift cards to purchase groceries and other essential supplies to help people throughout the Stillwater Area School District (#834). These generous donations will be shared with people in need and volunteers who are willing to shop for those who are unable to do so on their own.
- VISA gift cards or gift cards to stores such as Aldi, Cub, Target and Walmart can be dropped off at our Stillwater location.
- Gift cards should be left in the locked drop box located along the sidewalk on the east side of our building.
- If you make a donation, we’d love to know! Please complete a Gift Card Collection form so that we can thank you properly and better measure the impact you have on our community.
We will do our best to match those requesting support with volunteers who are willing to help, but there is no guarantee.
- At this time we are only able to serve older adults and adults with disabilities that reside in the Stillwater Area School District (#834).
- All residents requesting assistance must complete an Assistance Needed form.
- Please be considerate of volunteers and others in need by keeping your requests reasonable.
- Volunteers will be provided with your contact information (name, address, phone number) and will contact you to set up a date/time that works best for them to be of assistance.
- Volunteers will not enter your home. If delivering food or supplies, volunteers will leave everything in an outdoor location that you decide upon.
You will receive a confirmation email once you have completed the form. If you do not receive confirmation, please resubmit the form.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help neighbors in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Volunteers will be matched with those needing assistance. You will be provided with contact information and asked to contact the person to set up a date and time that works best for you.
- If delivering food or supplies, volunteers should not enter the home/business, but leave everything in an outdoor location that you both decide upon.
- We encourage all volunteers to continue to follow recommendations from the CDC while helping others in the community (ie: washing hands, practice social distancing, don’t volunteer if you feel sick, etc.)
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Kmecik, Volunteer Center Director at 651-789-4170 or Jennifer@CommunityThreadMN.org